How to Choose Good Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Compare and contrast essay topics are written to highlight the differences and similarities of two objects. Therefore, your objective in this type of essay is to make sure that you inform your readers about the notable similarities and comparisons of what you are writing about. Make sure you have a thorough understanding of the topic and the two items in the discussion. This will give you many options when writing about this type of essay.
The initial writing does not, however, revolve around the comparisons and contrast. It is important to introduce the topic to your readers. Give them background information and more especially showing them why the two are worth the comparison and contrast. This will create a desire within them to want to learn more. Despite being a mere comparison and contrast essay, it should be appealing to your readers right from the start.
Typical Compare and Contrast Essay topics
Every essay starts with the choice of a good topic. Therefore, it is always good to ensure that you have the best information before beginning the writing process. Here are some great examples of compare and contrast essay topics to write about:
- Health benefits between cereals and vegetables
- Working in the city and the rural setting
- The choice between a leader and a follower
- Democracy vs autocracy in governments
- Privatization of essential services vs government-provided services
- Travelling by ship vs by air
- Plants vs animal husbandry
- Using private and public transport
- Rented house and personal residence
- Artificial foods and Natural foods
Creativity is needed in bringing out the differences and similarities of your given topic. The writer has the responsibility of informing the audience on important aspects concerning the two subjects. Make the most out of your situation by taking the time to study and understand what you will be talking about.
Writing a Compare and Contrast Essay
Now that you are ready to write a compare and contrast essay, here are important points to remember:
- Research on the topic. Look for the details of what you will be writing about. This can only be done by taking the time to study and highlight these key differences and similarities.
- Prepare an outline. List the items of discussion in your essay. You will need to do this to capture every detail and make the most out of your writing.
- Introduce the topic. Don't rush to comparisons and contrasts. Take the time to introduce the topic and make the readers understand what you will be talking about. After that, you can start doing the comparisons.
- Organize your work into subtopics and paragraphs. Ensure that you have mastered your topic well and that you have enough points to talk about.
With the help of an outline, it is easy to write a compare and contrast essay. Make sure that you write from a well-informed point of view. This will give you an easy time writing your given assignment. Read sample essays to learn how to write this type of essay.